Hellooooo there

If I had a choice of a life I sure would have chosen, without batting an eyelid, someone elses but I realise every day that actually I fit my life better than anyone else and that no one elses will bring me the pleasure and fulfilment mine have done so far...and for that I am forever grateful and awaiting new adventures

Friday 23 September 2016

I CHOOSE ME

I have been thinking about how comfortable I am with tracking my journey in a public arena. I decided that I am not all that comfortable with it but that I am comfortable enough to give some insight into what I think of my journey so far.

I never really thought that life was going to be easy but I always knew that I was going to be comfortable enough in it because I tend to believe that  what I am faced with is what is meant to be  facing me. My strength is in my experiences.

Well this remains my thinking but I have now taken it upon myself to make a significant change in my life and at my age it was a decision long thought about and long avoided. What I realise is that sometimes we make decisions but it takes a while for us to get our head around these decisions and that when we are ready in every way only then we can act.

It is like biting the first bit of the chocolate and knowing that you will not stop until the chocolate is done. Guilty after but enjoyed every bite. Well this is also what happens when we make decisions that are internalised over time. When we take that first bite you must be sure that you will finish. This is me right now. I have taken the first bite.

Looking back I realise that I have actually been thinking about this change for a long time (years in fact) since my very good friend took that step. At that time I was still thinking I could do THIS my way. Well I tried for years and years on I committed to myself on a different level. So now I am chewing the chocolate of life and I am really sure that I will be finishing.

You see doing something as big as this is not an easy way it is quite possibly the most difficult road to take and obviously people choose the easy way first. Well so many easy pathways has led to just another disappointment. My journey now hold me fast to what I want to achieve. I will achieve this because I have committed to myself and decided that I will be doing this for me and reap the benefits that comes with it.

I must admit that when my mind was made up it was not too challenging to move towards the DUE date. The DUE date has come and gone and I am now on a long term journey. The result WHO KNOWS...what ever it may be it will be better than what I was before the 14 September this I believe whole heartedly.

I can't wait to see what results I am able to produce but I can say that every day is one where I am present in every sense of the word. Now I am working on being mindful of everything I do and how I do it. I am a strong believer that Awareness is our best asset. If you are aware of yourself, your behaviour, your surrounding, you past and present and others in these environments then you are more able to be satisfied with who you are. You are more able to be honest with yourself. The latter being a fantastic tool to have in my kiti...honesty will keep me exactly where I need to be when I talk to myself because my journey is for and between ME, MYSELF AND I.

Please do comment below if my post holds something for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment