Hellooooo there

If I had a choice of a life I sure would have chosen, without batting an eyelid, someone elses but I realise every day that actually I fit my life better than anyone else and that no one elses will bring me the pleasure and fulfilment mine have done so far...and for that I am forever grateful and awaiting new adventures

Friday 3 May 2013

Naming doodidilooo..lol an unfinished thought

As a young person I wasn't as fortunately as many of my friends were ...well at least I thought they were fortunate...my life as a three year old was very different to what it was when I turned eight, then thirteen and then sixteen..

I would always say I would never change my life as it was through experiencing my life that I am now living my life as it is now. That does not mean that it is without it's challenges but it is certainly a life way different and a life that has given me so much opportunities that  I remain grateful for it.

At three I was told by someone in my family that I could read...now I cannot remember such a thing myself but I like the idea of it so that memory became mine. It is only now with some wisdom that I realise the difference between a memory that is recalled and a memory that is given. I liked the memory and can still see myself sat in a corner with a newspaper but I am also very aware that that may not  be a memory of mine.

Anyway as I grew older my life took me down the path of imagination and I liked living there..it was so much easier than my reality...man I could never name it but I was stressing, I was becoming so negative and down trodden that I wished to come away from my life...and being in my imaginary world was the only way I could manage.

Getting presents or having new clothes were always a privilege of others ...I don't know I may have desired it but I cannot ever remember feeling that I deserved it....we were taught to never be envious and to always say when commenting on something someone else have by saying 'masha-allah' which means you show appreciation for what the other person has but that you are not envious of it...that was how I got my head around it...

Anyway so I on one occasion commented on a lady's skirt and said that 'masha-allah'. The lady was a friend of my mother's and through their visiting I became friends with the lady as well. The lady then gave me the skirt because  I liked it and I took great care of it.

I can't remember having too many things but I can remember taking great care of what I had. Looking back I realise that I was quite possessive of my stuff and had some attachment to it...this was proven when I was ironing my skirt.. 'the skirt'...and for some reason I did not check the heat level and as such burnt a nice little hole...oooooo I was sad ...I felt like I have lost something huge...it was then that I decided that things will no longer become so important to me that I would feel this sad when I no longer have it. Funny that - self protection in the weirdest form.

Anyway I then developed an appreciation for having things but a 'I don't care' when I no longer had it...I got rid of things before I could get too attached...and that is how I go about dealing with my things...well that is what I thought I was doing...but then I realise that I name my stuff..and naming stuff indicates a form of attachment doesn't it....

So I have zoomy  my vacuum and I have Polly my car to name a few. I sit now thinking about why I named it. Is it because of the issues around attachment to stuff, is it me showing appreciation for the stuff I have, is it some childhood fantasy where most all things are named ...I don't know I am a little mad at least the latter I am certain of.

I think that maybe I have hardened myself against losing some of my stuff and have managed to deal with the loss in a different way but that in fact I have not closed myself against feeling good about having these things and feeling proud in having it. This to me seem to have led to some emotion being linked to these things and it means great things to me....as this is so I feel a sense of loss when something happens e.g. it gets damage....maybe just maybe all of this means a lot more than just these superficial things...maybe these things are linked to deeper confirmation for me on a level to do with person value and worth etc and therefore any loss of thing may mean at some deep deep level that some of my worth or value is taken from me....I don't know it could be!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment